What Your Homeowners/Renters Insurance Covers
Do you live in Burlington Twp. NJ with renter’s insurance or homeowners insurance? Do you know what your insurance covers if you are hit with water damage?
No worries, SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly has your back. Our partnership with State Farm has allowed our professionals to understand the ins and outs of insurance. Here is what renter’s insurance covers - in short, it covers all the things you own.
Accidents - this includes objects damaging your property
Weather impacts - any damage resulting from a natural
Malicious mischief - this includes vandalism, theft, riots, & vehicle damage
Loss of use - if your home or property is damaged and uninhabitable after a covered loss, living accommodations and expenses that accrue will be covered by this type of insurance.
According to Forbes and the Insurance Information Institution, every year about one in 50 homeowners file water damage claims, accounting for 29% of all homeowners insurance claims. It is important to be aware of what your insurance covers and the steps to take in the event of water damage.
SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly takes pride in relieving stress from our customers and clients. Our professionals are equipped with the knowledge and resources to be the middle person between our business and their insurance claims.
Is You New Jersey Business Emergency Ready?
Aftermath of a pipe bursting from a water heater
ARE YOU READY FOR WHATEVER HAPPENS?
No one plans for disasters, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have too. Partnering with SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly, ensures you’re ready for whatever happens to your business or commercial property.
By preparing now, you demonstrate excellence in readiness planning by compiling a comprehensive information resource to use in case of a disaster.
WHY SERVPRO’S EMERGENCY READY PLAN?
By having an immediate plan, you minimize potential business downtime when disaster strikes. Here’s why SERVPRO’s ERP is the way to go!
- 50+ years in disaster recovery experience
- 2,000+ service provider locations
- This means there is a SERVPRO in your area within a two-hour distance
- 20,000+ SERVPRO Personnel
- No Retainer/Upfront Costs
- SERVPRO’s Emergency Ready Plan is completely free to utilize. We will come out to do a free assessment of your property while storing all the property information in one place.
- Largest Supply of Owned Equipment
Our Ready Plan is designed to be a start-up approach that provides critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services.
If you and your business are interested in learning more about our ERP profile, please contact our offices at 609-326-3663.
Immediate Response is Crucial for Water Damage
Property damage doesn’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly provides emergency cleanup and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. No damage is too big or small for our team!
Why is immediate response time crucial?
The short answer: to keep a bad situation from getting worse. In many cases an immediate response will help contain and minimize damage, thus reducing cleaning and restoration costs. The sooner the cleanup process starts, the better.
Here are a few immediate steps you can take to help speed up the process:
- Call your insurance company as soon as possible. Once you have filed a claim with your insurance company, SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem can take it from there to determine next steps.
- Call SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly, who provides 24 hour, 7 days a week emergency service by having a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you.
- Document the damage by taking pictures or videos for the insurance claim.
- Shut off the water source so no further damage is created.
- Turn off circuit breakers.
- Don’t enter affected areas!
Use technology such as alarms and/or smart home monitoring systems that can be managed and monitored even when you aren’t home!
What To Do Before, During and After Water Damage
We cannot control Mother Nature; when she hits Philadelphia, we need to make sure we are ready to go for whatever damage she leaves behind. We can’t control the weather but we can control what we do to prepare for the before, during and after water damage.
Here are the things you should do before, during and after water damage to make the remediation process easy for you.
- Make a list of all the things you own; furniture, clothing, valuables
- Fill out a Family Emergency Plan (list of all emergency contacts), or if you are a business owner/property owner - fill out our Emergency Ready Plan.
- Have a To-Go Bag that you can grab if you are rushing out in a hurry
- Be aware of what your insurance company covers when damage unexpectedly hits your home or business
- Turn off water valves and electricity circuits
- Call you insurance company to file a claim
- Stay away from any flood water whether it’s from a storm or a leaking pipe. You’re unfamiliar with where the water came from.
- Call SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly, give them the insurance claim number. After communicating with the insurance company, our crews will be dispatched out to your home to assess the situation and discuss next steps.
- Depending on the damage will determine what happens after the damage is assessed by our professionals. We take pride in making sure the water damage remediation process is as smooth as possible for our customers.
Flooding is the most common U.S. natural disaster, and New Jersey has one of the highest flooding rates of all states.
If your home or business is suffering from water damage, don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Society Hill now at 609-326-3663.
SERVPRO Hosts The First Responders College Bowl Game
It’s that time of year! Football season is upon us and SERVPRO hosts The First Responders College Bowl Game on December 27th in Dallas, Tx. SERVPRO takes pride in supporting their local first responders and SERVPRO of Society Hill is proud to be a part of that initiative.
SERVPRO has been sponsoring the bowl game since 2014 and has given our franchises the opportunity to honor local first responders on a national level. Rick Isaacson, CEO of SERVPRO, said, “The SERVPRO First Responder Bowl is one way we celebrate these dedicated first responders and their families as the hometown heroes they are.”
Each franchise will nominate a local first responder to be considered for special recognition at this year's game. One nominee will be selected to experience an all-expenses-paid trip to the game where they will be presented with an award.
The SERVPRO First Responders Bowl also has a virtual Everyday Heroes Wall that honors these courageous people in our community. If you know someone who has committed to risking their lives every day, view the Everyday Heroes Wall page to submit a photo of your frontline hero!
7 Reasons to Choose SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly
Before and after a house in Willingboro, NJ was damaged by mold
Believe it or not, mold is everywhere - inside and outside. It is tough to avoid mold but there are ways to prevent mold from growing. Response time to water damage is crucial; if not, you have a new tenant: mold.
Here are seven reasons to hire SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly for your mold remediation needs.
1. EMERGENCY CONTACT
The stress level is heightened when mold is discovered and that’s why our team begins the process for you immediately during the first phone call. Our front office will ask a series of questions to decide next steps in the process.
2. INSPECTION AND MOLD DAMAGE ASSESSMENT
After we gather as much information as possible, our estimators will come out to assess the damage. We use advanced technology to help detect the severity of the damage and if there are any other hidden water damage. Our cleanup team is then contacted to schedule to come out as quickly as we can.
3. MOLD CONTAINMENT
Once our tech’s get out there, their first priority is to prevent the spread of mold by containing the damage to one area. They create a tented contrapment to dry out as much of the area as possible. They set up air movers, dehumidifiers, and cooling systems to dry out the water damage. This process could take up to 3 or more days to complete.
4. AIR FILTRATION
Serpvro of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly uses equipment to help capture microscopic spores out of the air. Powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums are brought in to prevent the spread of the spores.
5. REMOVING MOLD AND MOLD-INFESTED MATERIALS
This is where the demo comes into play. The demo of the affected area depends on the severity of the damage and the type of surface that is damaged. Our professionals are responsible for disposing of mold infested materials or cleaning them if considered salvageable.
6. CLEANING CONTENTS AND BELONGINGS
If it is determined that materials can be salvageable, our team will clean furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, etc. No job is too big or too small for our team!
The last step but most important is the restoration process. Depending on the level of mold damage, dry wall, subfloors and other building materials may be removed. This could involve minor repairs or extensive reconstruction.
SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly takes pride in making this process as stress free as possible for our customers. Mold may not be visible to the naked eye, so if you suspect mold in your home, inside or outside, call us today for an estimate!
SERVPRO Ready Plan - Businesses in Burlington Township, NJ
Does your business have a readiness plan in the event of an emergency? Do you know where the heater valves are located? Do you know where the electric boxes are located? If the answer to these questions is no - you need SERVPRO’s Emergency Ready Plan.
The great thing about this program is it’s FREE. Our team will come out to assess your property at no cost to you. We also have a free app where all of your information is stored and can be easily accessed from anywhere.
Besides the program being free - here are other reasons you should consider being a part of our Emergency Ready Plan:
- A concise profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. Your property manager isn’t the only person to have access to this information. Your company also teams up with our Sales Representative so if there is an emergency, they are available to you personally 24/7.
- A guide to help your team get back into the building following a disaster. Our goal is to get your business back up and running without any huge interruption. Our team comes up with the plan so if you are ever in a situation where you need to close or there’s a disruption in business, this program will at least minimize the down time to your business.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. Our team is available 24/7 to answer any and all questions relating to your profile, including any changes or updates.
- Easy insurance claim process! SERVPRO of Burlington Twp/Mt Holly, will work together with your insurance company to process existing claims and make the process easier for our clients.
- Establishing the line of command for authorizing work to begin. When disaster strikes, we will need to be in contact with someone who is authorized to give permissions to our team to begin the cleanup process.
If you are interested in learning more, you can download the "SERVPRO Ready Plan" mobile app on your Android or iPhone device from the respective App Store. Or you can contact SERVPRO of Burlington Twp/Mt Holly to begin creating ERP's for all your properties at609-326-3663.
5 Steps to Take After a Storm
Mother Nature doesn’t care about the basement you remodeled or the back porch that took you months to build. She’ll blow through Burlington Township, New Jersey and won’t take a second look back at the damage.
Here are five steps you should take AFTER a storm:
- Check your home for any standing water. Flood water can be quickly contaminated with unknown dangerous chemicals.
- Never use a wet electric device. When disaster strikes, our first move is to grab our phones. Make sure not to use any electronics that may have been affected by the storm.
- Apply for the help you need. There are a ton of financial relief programs supporting homeowners, property owners, and businesses that may have been interrupted by a disaster.
- Be careful near damaged buildings. Leave your home or building if you hear shifting or unusual noises. This could mean the building is about to collapse. If you hear something, say something.
- Call your insurance company. If you suspect damage to your property. Once a claim is issued, your next call should be to your local SERVPRO, the #1 choice in cleanup, restoration and construction.
SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly is a preferred vendor for major insurance companies including Travelers, State Farm, Chubb, etc. We will work with the customer and their carrier for payment directly from the carrier to ease the financial burden on the customer.
If you are in need of water damage restoration services, call us at 609-326-3663, 24 hours, 7-days a week.
7 Reasons to Call SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly
At SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly, we take pride in how we take care of our customers in the New Jersey area. When disaster strikes, our professionals know what to do to minimize the damage. Here are seven reasons you should chose SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly.
- Faster to any disaster: From the moment the call comes into our office, our crew is there within the hour to assess the situation.
- No job is too big or small: We have the tools and experience it takes to for any size job, big or small. There’s nothing our team can’t handle.
- One-stop shop: We are a full-service restoration provider, meaning we do the construction after the initial demo/cleanup.
- Franchises are individually owned and operated: The quality of service you get depends on the experience of the team at each franchise. Between our owner and the operations managers, we have a combined 60 years of experience.
- We are a preferred vendor: We have partnered with a number of large companies such as State Farm, Travelers, Chubb & The Philadelphia Contributionship, etc.
- Easy claim process: We will work with the customer and their carrier for payment directly from the carrier to ease the financial burden on the customer.
- Highly trained professionals: Not only do our managers have experience in the field, but our crew is required to complete certification training to ensure credibility when working with our customers.
As always, SERVPRO of Burlington Twp./Mt. Holly is here to help! For more information, please call us at 609-326-3663.
How-To Properly Clean Your Grill
Break out the metal spatula, tongs and metal skewers, it’s grilling season! If this is the first time using your grill - it is important to clean it before beginning to grill. Too much grease and fat build up from last year can quickly cause grease fires.
Here are some tips on how to properly clean your gas grill before and after grilling season.
- Pre-heat grill for 15 minutes on high heat, then turn off the grill
- Turn the gas off
- Clean grill using a wire brush dipped in water. Do not lean over the grill while cleaning as it will create a lot of steam.
- If grease is too tough, add dish soap to the water.
- Remove burners from the gas supply line and remove blockages to the burner’s gas ports using a dry wire brush.
- Clean the burner valve with soapy water and run water through the inside of the valve.
- Clean the inside of the grill using a wire brush and warm soapy water and rinse with water. Towel dry the burners and reinstall.
- PRO TIP: When cleaning grills with bristle brushes, always wipe down the cleaned area afterwards. This will remove any bristles that may have come off during the cleaning process and get stuck to the grill.
You’ll be ready to grill in no time!